News & Updates
ATO Director Penalty Notice (DPN) Changes: What do they mean for you?
The Australian Tax Office is flagging an important change in its approach to debt collection and insolvency, with a return to full-time status for its collections department and a renewed focus on the recovery of debts owing.
- Director Identification Number Regime Now in Place 02-12-2021
- Severe Consequences for 'Shady' Pre-Insolvency Advice 02-12-2021
- Director Resignation Changes 26-10-2021
ATO - Change in Debt Collection Approach - Directors Beware!
As the Government shifts its COVID 19 response from cash injection to cash recovery, we were interested to listen to a presentation from the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”) on their debt collection strategy as we navigate our way through the pandemic.
- Small Business Restructuring Reform 03-02-2021
- Alert to Advisors - Potential Personal Liability 12-11-2020
- Covid-19 Safe Harbour Protection for Directors 04-09-2020
The Dangers of Lending to Loved Ones
Given the costs associated with the acquisition of real estate in the current market, it is becoming common for parents to advance funds (unsecured) to their children in order to assist them in buying their first home. The funds advanced usually form part of, or all of the deposit for the property, which assists their children obtaining finance to purchase the property.
- Impending Changes to the DPN and PPSR Update 30-09-2019